Updated: Jun 2, 2020
This is always my go to cookie recipe. These cookies make great afternoon snacks with a cuppa or crumbled on top of yogurt as a granola substitute.
These cookies are gluten free, can be lactose free, refined sugar free but certainly not joy free.
My Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep time: 5 mins
Bake time: 10-12 mins
3/4 cup of almond meal
1/4 cup tapioca flour
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1 tsp baking powder
100 g dark chocolate
1/3 honey or maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut oil or butter
1. Preheat oven to 170 Degrees
2. Place dry ingredients (minus the chocolate) in a food processor, on top speed blend in till fine.
3. Slowly add wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, blend in till dough forms (dough should me moist and sticky to touch)
4. Chop dark chocolate and add it to the cookie dough.
5. line a oven tray with baking paper
6. Wet hands, take tablespoons of the cookie mixture roll in hands, place round cookie ball on baking tray and press cookie down with a fork for a pretty pattern.
7. bake for 10-12 minutes or in till golden brown
#nutrition #healthy #baking #healthybaking #sugarfree #lactosefree #glutenfree #dairyfree #allergyfriendly #vegetarian #nutritionist #adelaidenutritionist