Updated: Jun 2, 2020
Its as epic as its name.....
Full of healthy monounsaturated fats, packed with fibre and full of flavour. This cake seriously easy to make just stick it in a fry pan. It can be made with any stone fruit!
Olive Oil Apricot Fry Pan Cake
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30-35 mins
1/2 cup of almond meal
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 tapioca/ cassava flour
1 tsp of baking powder
1/2 cup of honey or maple syrup
1/8 cup almond milk or milk of choice
1/2 cup olive oil
8 apricots (could be any fruit e.g. plums)
Heat oven at 170 degrees
1. Place the wet ingredients into a mixing bowl ( i use kitchen aid but any stand mixer will do).
2. Put mixer on a high speed and mix in till wet ingredients are fluffy
3. Place dry ingredients into food processor and mill in till a fine flour forms.
4. Slowly fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
5. Pour contents into a buttered or oiled fry pan.
6. Half apricots and place on top of cake mixture, scatter almond flakes on top of cake mixture.
7. Place in oven and cook for 30 mins or in till a cake skewer comes out clean.
- Make sure if you do this cake in a fry pan that the fry pan is completely metal as the handle may melt or burn if its made of wood or plastic.
- Any fruit can be used and almond flour can be substituted for any nut flour.