This recipe is great for a pre training snack (consume approximately 1-1 ½ hours before training) (great for hit and endurance type sports, also a great pre gym cardio snack).
Peanuts are high in healthy fats, proteins and carbs and are an amazing source of healthy energy. Oats are a complex carbohydrate which will enact a slow sugar release and assist with adequate glycogen storage for game day. Fructose when consumed is primarily stored in the liver and will ensure the liver is enriched with glycogen for endurance. The dried fruit will provide an excellent source of glucose enriched with fibre and vitamins for quick energy.
Prep time 5 mins Cook time 20 mins Skill level: Easy
1 cup of organic rolled oats
½ cup of quick oats
1 cup of desiccated coconut
1 teaspoon of baking powder
½ cup of finely diced dried fruit or raisins
200 g of peanut butter
120 g of unfiltered honey
100 g of butter or coconut oil
Drop of vanilla (optional)
1) Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees
2) Grease a square baking tin
3) Place all dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon, so fruit/ oats/coconut and well mixed.
4) In a pot, place all the wet ingredients, heat on stove until the ingredients are melted and combine together
5) Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir well (the batter should be the consistency of a brownie)
6) Place batter into the greased cake tin and bake for approximately 20-30 mins or until the batter is golden brown and a skewer comes out clean
7) Wait until cool before cutting into booster bar shape
- Will keep up to 5 days (longer if refrigerated and can be frozen)